The Stylophone is Back!!!
OK…this is not guitar related, but since many guitarists don’t just play guitar (such as Jimmy Page who used a theremin…) but might also be interested in other instruments, here’s an interesting intrument for anyone who wants something cheap to experiment on…it’s so cheap it’s hard to resist.
I know what’ll be on my xmas list comes December…£14 at Dolphin Music!
The well-loved 60’s portable organ is set to make a comeback this Christmas…from Rolf Harris to David Bowie, Pulp and others, the stylophone has fascinated children of all ages and now it’s your turn!The Stylophone has now been sympathetically reproduced, with the original design in mind – down to the packaging! The stylophone retains all the original sounds and features of the 1969 model, but with added up-to-date technology, making it even more fun to make your own music! Even though it wa ssupposed to be a kid’s toy, it has fascinated generations of musicians, and artists who have used a stylophone include David Bowie, Kraftwerk, Pulp, Belle & Sebastian, and even Marilyn Manson!!! Not to mention Rolf Harris.
The Independent newspaper published an interesting article about the instrument, a while ago. Read it here.
- Now includes MP3 input
- The new Stylophone combines original features with new sounds and up to date technology.
- The original retro styling is also used for the accompanying booklet (DOWNLOAD HERE) which incorporates songs to play along to.
- This will appeal to old and young music maestros alike!
- Hand tuning
- Headphone socket
- Volume Control
- MP3 function – play along to any music – includes 2 way adaptor
- 2 new exclusive Stylophone sounds, as well as the classic original