BOSS RE-20: The Rebirth of a Roland Classic
Great news for lovers of vintage echo sounds! If you love the wonderful echo effects that bands like Radiohead, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Pink Floyd and others use, now you can reproduce it too, with a brand new Boss pedal!One of the most beloved echo effects ever made, the Roland RE-201 Space Echo (used by Pink Floyd, Radiohead and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs), has been reborn as the BOSS RE-20 Twin Pedal! Roland and BOSS have recreated every sonic detail and nuance of the original…but for a fraction of what the vintage effect unit is sold for on Ebay!
UPDATE: You can now hear some Boss RE-20 sound samples! Yes! It sounds good…people who’ve tried the pedal and know the original say it sounds “99.99%” like the original Roland Space Echo, the main difference being that it has less buzzing.
The original, legendary Roland Space Echo (above) and its newest incarnation: the Boss RE-20
Experience the legendary tape-echo sound of the RE-201, and get “lost in space” with this retro-modern marvel – a Roland Space Echo for the 21st Century guitarist.
RE-20 Sound Samples:
- Amazing simulation of the famous Roland RE-201, with the spacious, analogue tone of the original Space Echo
- Faithful modelling of the RE-201’s tape flutter and magnetic head sound saturation
- Tap input pedal allows delay time to be set by foot
- Longer delay time than the original RE-201
- Control parameters such as REPEAT RATE, INTENSITY, and more via Expression pedal
- MODE SELECTOR knob with 12 placements just likes the original Space Echo
The bad news? Apparently, only a few of those pedals will be available to the UK, and even leading music retailers (such as Dolphin) are having difficulties in obtaining some, and having to wait much longer than expected to get just a few of those babies. The Boss RE-20 won’t be a Boss DD-3 that anyone can buy at anytime…this is a future collector’s item…
YOU can find this pedal for a great price on Dolphin Music – ORDER NOW